Friday, February 26, 2010

Oregon Reitters

Hi guys. ;

Don't forget to make a small post Mom :)

Well. It's Friday and I have it off. I had a late shift last night. Got off at 11 PM and home at midnight. Got into bed around 2 am. Kathy's alarm went off at 4 am and i kind of woke up then. Dozed off and on , then she left for work at 5:30 and then I was awake. Soooooo I'm here poking on this keyboard, waiting to get tired enough to go back to sleep. SIGH. Pretty much normal for this shift. OK. enough of the crying.

OK. Abit about the days of shipboard life. Days one and two were cloudy and abit cool. So no sunbathing or swimming. 1st night out we went dancing. Quit early ( about 1am Colds that we both were fighting draining us abit. 2ND night out was formal dinner. And before that the Captains cocktail party, ( the captain never shows up for these things. ) We danced to some great live band music.
We were given some info from a couple at dinner that at the night dinner, when given the menu. You are given a 5 main courses and a desert to choose from. Well each you have 5 to 8 items to choose from. On our 1st cruise, we would only order one item from each category. Well we found out now, that they don't care, order as much as you want. You Can't make up you mind between lobster or Prime rib?
Don't worry about it. Order both. Eat what you want and as much as you want. Holy cow I ate really good. at least 2 nights I got sooo stuffed that I couldn't stay up and party. Went to bed early. And this isn't burgers and pizza. Heck, that's served all day long up on deck. This is fine dinning. Very good cooking.

Kathy had fun at the slots from time to time. I hung around the Tables. Black jack and Caribbean stud. I learned to take my time and watch the tables and only play when it looked like the dealers wasn't doing well. At one time I was up 280.00 and ended up up 160.00 Kathy lost about 70 at the slots. So not bad. I would have done better but a couple of times I got board and made dumb bets.

The rest of the nights out were pretty much the same. Allot going on. 3rd day out the sun was out and we enjoyed the water slide.

We soo wish we had the Cash to cruise more often. Would love to do it every other year. Oh well. We now have to cool it and save money.

Our next thing is to put a new house on the property. So for the foreseeable future. we'll be watching our money very careful.
More to come on that, with the next post.


Have a great Friday. Feb 26
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment