Friday, February 19, 2010

Oregon Reitters

Vacation , Part 2
Mazatlan was less interesting for us, but in part because of the shore excursion that we went on. We heard from a few other people on the ship that they enjoyed the port. We went to Rock island through an very old section of the town. Saw coconut groves. Ended up at a beach and an outdoor restaurant of sorts. Served Authentic local lunch, ( wish there was more of it) and had a day of relaxation on the beach, Problem was, that it wasn't a very clean area and we had people trying to sell tourist stuff standing between us and the ocean in front of us and continuously trying to sell us stuff. The longer the day went on. I went swimming and was opening my eyes looking around under water, ( knowing that i could do that from my navy days). After that my right eye started bothering me more and more. I thought that I had picked up some sand or something because when a wave would go over, the stuff on the bottom would move around. It was a sandy beach. I got back to the ship and went to the ships doctor. Got treated for a possible eye injury and infection. But it was so irritating that I didn't go out that night. the next morning both eyes were glued shut and my left was bothering me.
Sound familiar Louisa? Pink eye. dang
Well all for now. more to come
Have a great day
Bob



2 comments: