Sunday, December 6, 2009

Update #2

Grandma looks WAY better than she did yesterday. Her left side of her face is way less droopy, her eyes are clear, but she's still just talking outside of the right side... there's no more or less paralysis on her left side.

She seems WAY more confused about what's going on around her. Jim and Karen were with her today and she was on teh phone with dad and she told him she was at their house. She's also trying to get OUT of the bed over and over and over, but she is swallowing on her own (and is not on a liquid diet). The IV is also an issue, she was very angry that Grandpa would not take it out/off. And telling her she had to keep it in was making her mad.

Didn't see Grandpa today, they finally convinced him to go home and eat and get some rest. Karen was there when Judy and I went to visit and said it's been pretty good overall. Grandma finally went to teh bathroom while we were there...

but with her confusion Grandma didn't recognize who I was (I think she thought I was my cousin, she kept saying "my other granddaughter" and then would tell a story that was definitely me) unless she just couldn't remember my name and was trying to refer to me. It was a little confusing... but she kept looking at me with a blank/confused look. So we didn't stay long because I wasn't as calm cool and collected this time around... I was fine yesterday when she seemed to know more of what was going on, but seeing her so frustrated/upset/confused... yeah...

Planning on going back over on Tuesday. Grandpa's neighbor brought him food to the house so he's being taken care of, too...


thank you all for your support and prayers... it really means a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment