Wednesday, October 13, 2010

my summer

Hi everyone:
Sorry about not updating the blog from my end.
My recovery had gone very well. I went back to work on Aug. 29th. Actually a month early from what the surgeon had recommended. Although I didn't know about that until I had been back to work for 2 weeks when I received the hospital records from my visit there. I even got back into night closing management about Sept 25th. and at that time full time whereas before that i was working on reduced hours.
So going back. I ended up back in the hospital about the 15th of July. Seems that the medication that I was put on was to much for my needs and body. I passed out at home and when I woke up I drove myself to the hospital. My kiddinies were shutting down and blood work was all messed up. Spent 2 days there and sense then things have been going very well and every week I feel stronger. Although the last few weeks it not as nearly as noticeable as it was.
All the doctors and nursing staff are amazed at my surviving it. And more important that I have no permanent damage. Brain damage from that kind of thing is almost 100% for that kind of thing. Including being nearly brain dead.
July was very hard for me. I had allot of very down days where i thought I was never going to recover and i only had a matter of days or months left. But as time went on and went into August. I started feeling better and more positive.
Louisa and the kids came down the 2nd week of Aug for 10 days. We had an absolutely wonderful time. And by the time they left My attitude about my future was complete positive .
That visit was the greatest thing that could have happened for me at the perfect time.
Thank you soo much my daughter.
We even have been out dancing, and went to the medford Jazz festival. We had a great time at both.
I had my heart checked out by a sonogram. like they do for pregnant mothers. And the teck that did it gave me a pre evaluation that I'm recovering and she saw better than 15 - 20 % heart efficiency. her guess was 25 - 35 % Great news. My cardiologist appointment is tomorrow. Thur. and i'll get the official news.
Through all this, my wife and best Friend has been wonderful. I couldn't ask for more from her.
Well all for now
love you all and miss you
Bob and Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, uncle Bob! Good to hear you are on the mend and things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and I am glad that our visist did so much for you. YOu are my hero and I love you more then you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The results are in. The Dr. says that i'm at 30% or abit better. I love you all

    ReplyDelete