Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hi everyone:

Well I'm in the hospital again, sigh. But this time it's not nearly as serious as last time. Three days ago the did a test on my pace maker and found out that one of the leads in my heart has moved and Friday the did a chest ex ray just to confirm what the puter teck. found. They also set up and appointment with the surgeon for 9 am Monday and I was told that I'd probably have surgery some time next week. Friday night was abit stressful at work and i noticed allot of weird stuff happening with my heart. missed beats( PVC's) extra beats. that I've never had before. Weakness short of breath. but I got through the night and closed the store just fine.
I woke up up the next morning feeling a muscle spasm on my right side that I've never had before. It wasn't often but as the day went on it got more common and stronger. I also noticed the my heart was acting up more. I went to work anyway. shortly after i got there and the more active I got I was really getting uncomfortable. And finally after 2 hrs I told the day manager before he went home that I felt that i should go home. I called Kathy and she talked me into going to the hospital in medford sense it would be only a short drive.
They checked me out and confirmed that my heart was beating any where from 42 - 80 beats per min. One male nurse said it's like a ping pong ball bouncing around in there. They called in a Teck for my pace maker. Took another Chest ex ray. Found out that Both leads had pulled out of position and one has actually pulled clear out of the heart. The muscle spasm i was feeling was the lead shocking chest muscle instead of heart. They turned of the pace maker.
The surgeons assistant showed up and told me what was happening. said that surgery is moved up to Sunday or Monday. and i was told that I could go home and rest. The chances of a V fib life threatening situation was remote. or I Could stay in the hospital and wait till the surgery. I knew that Kathy would be extremly worried if I were at home and admitted to me that she would rather me stay here where i was safe. I feel better about it also.
After the surgery I 'll be able to go home the next day. 2 weeks off work and another light duty. So here I sit. I found a computer that patients and family can use. It's 4:20 Am . Couldn't sleep. I'm used to night working anyway. Don't normally get into bed till about 2 or 3. But I try ed to sleep but only slept for about an hour and just lay ed there. Was very happy to find this puter. Nothing else to do so I'll be keeping you all very well informed as to whats happening to me

All for now.
love you all

1 comment:

  1. yikes! glad you are okay and thank you for the updates. Will keep the surgery in prayer!

    ReplyDelete