Saturday, March 27, 2010

My turn! My turn!

Not a whole lot to update you all on in my life. Last weekend I said good bye to a very close family friend of ours in Kenai who went home to be with his Savior not too long ago. It was emotional but I was very honored to know him and to be asked to be a part of the service (I did a slideshow). It still feels surreal to think of Mr. Mickey not being with us, but we'll seem him again someday and that makes it all worth it.

Other than that it's pretty much been work and church and home. Judy and Gaylord are in the process of remodelling the inside of the house so I've been stearing clear as much as possible, which was easy this month as I volunteered at teh Iditarod sales table in the Millenium Hotel - which becomes the Official Iditarod Headquarters each February and March. It was so much fun and I am definitely hooked, wherever I end up job or school wise next year I hope I can continue to participate. I have definitely "caught the bug," guess it's in the genes!

I've also had a few photo shoots over the last couple of months, which is great considering that's what I actually want to do with my life. Last weekend I shot one of my best friend's little girl and she was SO STINKIN CUTE! I am totally smitten with that little bit and can't wait for summer with the lupin and fireweed in bloom to take some portraits OUTDOORS!

Also working hard with the Census Bureau. Bureau business is booming at the moment and I really hope that my entire family participated and sent in their census form. In the long run taking the ten minutes to fill it out and send it back saves the nation thousands upon thousands of dollars as if you don't you WILL get a visit from an enumerator, and in Alaska they get $25 an hour to do what they do. So think about it, the more problems we encounter the more it adds up!

Anyway work is insanely busy as you can imagine and I feel like I'm nearly drowning. Office drama abounds everywhere and this is my first real taste of it and I can't say I enjoy it. I guess we never get away from the drama of high school! haha! But over all it's good and each paycheck a lot of it gets saved not just for my future Disney trips (one this November and one next February) but for other things that I need (photo business wise, and eventually I'm GOING to move out on my own.)

So, yeah, that's pretty much it. I'm exhausted as I moved out all of the furnature and crap in my room last night (carpet guys are putting in new carpet as I type this so I'm sitting out in Judy's motorhome. Yay for wireless internet!) and I didn't get to bed until almost 2, and then had to be back up at 7:30 to be ready for the carpet dudes. I tried napping but that fell through as well. So I am a grumpy gus!

anywho, hope all is well with the rest of the family. It's fun reading about what's going on. If mom and dad ever get on this dang thing it'll really be a party!

I will leave you with one of my favorite photos from my last photoshoot. enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment