Sunday, March 21, 2010

20100321 sunday; mom's update

Dad just returned from church and Jeff is forcing me to update my blog even though I don't feel like anything new has happened. But this morning when Jeff was helping me get ready for the day, he told me to lift my left leg to transfer my position and 'I did', the first time in 4 months my leg has responded. This was a 'pick up and place' motion, not the 'lift and swing' movement that I have been working on in therapy prepring to be able to walk the past 2 months. The exersises I have been doing the last few days at home and in therapy at the clinic have been very beneficial. Now if i can get my left arm and hand to continue to do more of the same i will be even happier.
Had a nice long visit with Robert (and Kat) over the phone this morning, it was great to get caught up with the Oregon Reitters and hearing their plans for their planned new house and their preparations for the summer.
Iditarod went great this year. Jeff and Alan picked me up bodily and lifted me into the Motorhome so I could be there at the Tudor Crossing, as I have been in past years. Dad prepared the large pots of Iditarod Ham & Beans this year for all the volunteers (about 25 people). Kudos to Toni, for all the help and labor working with Grandpa on coordinating the Tudor crossing volunteers. What a nice break and help she was. It sure was a blessing having all the Alaska Reitters together working on the Cerrimonial Iditarod Sleddog Race Start.
Starting to look forward to Spring, the weather has been quite pleasant; that's about all for now... Will update blog when more to tell.
Love to everybody,
Mom.

1 comment:

  1. it was so much fun helping with Iditarod, and Jim Steele felt we did really well, too. And the haybales were not a headache this year, so I feel that is a personal success!

    that's awesome about the progress, keep it up, g'ma! will get over to teh house as soon as work does not make me in such a foul mood that all I do is come home and slam my door and watch movies that have aliens laying waste to the entire population.

    ReplyDelete