Sunday, July 11, 2010

A 2nd chance

Hi everyone;
Well that was about as close as it gets. Staff at the hospital told Kathy that, that kind of attack, location it happened only had about 1 chance out of 100 to survive. Less than that without serious after effects. Like brain damage. ( What brain damage i have didn't come from this lol). At least nothing that is evident.
Just plain amazing. Really the only reason I'm alive is that God wasn't ready to take me yet and he put an EMT in the store. in like at the movie rental. It was him that god used as his servant to save me. The store has 22 min of camera film of what happened. from the 1st time I grabbed my Chest (I did it twice). till the time they were going out the door with my on a gurney with an EMT on top of me working on me.
That night after Kathy got to the hospital, she was told to plan for the worst. First night was was put into a coma and on life support. At 1030. an hour after Kathy got there, she was told to go home and rest. Nothing would happen till the next day when they tool me out of coma and see what happens. I breathed on my own and vitals were good. So they monitored me all that day. and the 3rd they put die into my Groin to my heart. Arteries. were clear. So planes were made to put a Defibrillator in the following day. It was put in the morning of the 4th and i was moved to recovery. After that when i woke up it my 1st memory. I had several visitors. memory of them very fuzzy. 5 th day i was told that by afternoon, if I were improving like i was that would get to go home. And that is what happened.
Been home 3 days and I'm getting stronger every day. Hardest or most painful part is the pain from the several broken ribs I got during CPR. I have junk in my lungs from that and other things they did and it builds up and i have to forcefully cough it up. Very painful. At night I take pain pill to help me sleep and cough easier when it wakes me up. During the day. I Tough it out. Mostly because I'm afraid of running out for the night time before my lungs clear up. When i Cough, it's like the ribs are being broken over again.
Spent 2 hours setting outside next to a fence we have paining. Then We took a walk to the creek. It took everything else I had to make it there and back. 95 deg. heat didn't' help.
going to relax the rest of the day.
Bob

2 comments:

  1. so glad you are still with us! take care of yourself, we need ya around for a long time yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad God didn't take you I am not ready to loose my Daddy. I am looking forward to seeing in in August as I miss you very much. I love you and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete