Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update on Grandma's Surgery

I'm sitting here with my grandpa in the waiting area at Providence. Grandma's surgery went well and we're just waiting for a room to get ready to take her. She will be back to the Neurology unit (same area she was first taken to after the emergency).

So we're just hanging here waiting on news. As far as I know everything looks okay. She really went into surgery at 9:15am and got out at 11:45, so I didn't miss much as far as news while I was at work. I have an awesome bunch of people I work with and for as they've been incredibly supportive this last month. I have the rest of the day off so I came over and took g'pa to lunch and I'll probably hang out here for a while after Grandma gets a room.

The clot was fairly large/thick and it had a lot of calcium build up. Not sure what that all means, but it sounds like they got it out. So that's a good thing, right?

They want g'ma to go home soon after she recovers from this, but grandpa doesn't feel she's ready. She's still not able to support her weight on her left food and she's too ornery to just sit in her wheel chair (no surprise there, right). He's going to try to talk the dr/hospital into giving her another week in rehab. So will keep you updated as we learn more.

G'pa is on the phone with people giving updates. So I'm just keeping this blog updated. Thank you for all of the prayers and support and emails. It's greatly appreciated by all of us!

Love in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment